2019 is quite the robust seller’s market. Limited inventory and high demand continue to give way to multiple offers and substantial overbidding. Interest rates are also still very low. If you’re a homeowner with any near-term plans to move, now is the time to take action.
Maybe you have that job relocation possibility in Denver? Or you’ve owned your house in the Sunset for the last 25 years and would rather be living in wine country? There are plenty of reasons you might be considering a big move, and I’m here to tell you that you should take advantage of the market while it’s still in your favor.
If your property requires any type of compromise, buyers are much more willing to make one (or three) in the current market. What are some compromises that buyers in the current market may overlook?
– No parking, or tandem parking with one or more cars
– House with no yard or outdoor space—or one that backs up to a restaurant or school yard
– Location that’s not near retail or public transportation
– Situated on a high-traffic street, or transportation line
– Condo with particularly limiting HOA restrictions (pets, rentals)
– Awkward floor plan
– Low curb appeal that can’t be easily helped (I’m thinking faux stone, or starters)
– Ridiculous amount of stairs at the entrance
– Older building with no heat
– Multi-unit building with low rents and deferred maintenance.
I could go on. But you get the point. Give me a shout (email@example.com/415.823.4656) if you’re ready to talk about your property’s value. I can craft a custom marketing plan that will win over home buyers and convince them that they can work with whatever objections they might have.